Re: [opensuse-factory] No updates of any description to 11.2 (MS6)?
  • From: Per Osbäck <per@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 11:48:45 +0200
fredag 04 september 2009 11.23.44 skrev Basil Chupin:
Martin Schlander wrote:
Fredag den 4. september 2009 10:40:01 skrev Per Osbäck:
I actually have the same question for PackageKit (also the backend for
Online Update applet?) applet.

it never offers any updates, is it only supposed to show "official"
updates from updates repo? and not from other repos?

Yes it's only supposed to show patches by default - not "normal" package
updates.

I think the option to show all updates, may only be supported by the zypp
backend.

Personally I think it's good that the updater applet distinguishes
between patches and random package updates that are likely to break
things. People should use zypper dup for factory upgrades anyway.

hmm..ok..so I won't be notified about updates from build service repos either..
If I want to follow the latest KDE after 11.2 is released for example, I have
to manually check for updates.

Why can't the update applet do this? It doesn't make much sense to me..

Ah, is that what I am not doing right, "zypper dup". OK, I'll try it
first thing tomorrow. Thanks.

BC