Re: [opensuse-factory] Upgrading to M8 from ISO
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 21:41:37 +0200
Op 01-10-09 21:31, Cristian Rodríguez schreef:
On 01/10/09 15:27, Doctor Who wrote:

Is it possible to take an existing 11.1 installation and upgrade to
11.2 M8 by simply using the M8 DVD ISO as an installation/upgrade
source? If so, how?

try zypper dup instead, but I dont see why upgrade with the DVD will fail.

I would just install fresh, and add a clean /home, *or* just a new user.
Than you can see the changes that have been made.
(Keep your old /home handy)

I tried upgrades many times, but do not like 'leftovers' from old
installs, that do not belong there.
Sometimes things do not work the way they should, and than it is more
difficult to debug.

But be adventureous and do what you want: Experience is the best teacher...

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (M9.) (Now or never...)

OS: Linux 2.6.31-8-desktop x86_64
Huidige gebruiker: oddball@AMD64x2-SFN1
Systeem: openSUSE 11.2 Milestone 7 (x86_64)
KDE: 4.3.1 (KDE 4.3.1) "release 2"