Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: distribution
  • From: Jay Mistry <jaylinux53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 22:25:01 +0530
Same here, from a non-technical (non-IT) background.

 So you want to help, even if you have no programming skills? How about
helping with bug triage then, for example? , have instructions for KDE. Since
you seem to use GNOME, I don't know if GNOME has such a page, but if you
write to the opensuse-gnome list, I'm pretty sure Vincent and others will be
happy to hear you'd like to help them with it.

Sure, would be glad to help (/ though in spare time only, which means
weekends (mostly) /).

I began Linux (about 1.5 years back) with openSUSE (11), after a
couple of failed Fedora 9 install attempts due to monitor/display
problems, having come from exclusive Windows-land. At that time, I
did file a bug -
and a more recent one for KDE -

The caveat for above being that I would not be able to contribute
where technical knowledge is required - for example, the scripts and
*advanced* cmd-line syntax on these lists goes over my head.

 You do realize that Ubuntu 9.04 is about half a year newer than 11.1, with a
newer GNOME version, and that as such this may have nothing to do with the
actual distribution?

Yes, but somehow I do not feel comfortable with GNOME in openSUSE,
this problem started after I upgraded to GNOME 2.26. Hence what I said
earlier: would prefer to wait for oS 11.2 and do a fresh install at
that time, rather than doing part-by-part updates that don't seem to
work properly.

Linux User 483705 | openSUSE 11.1, Ubuntu 9.04 (i686) w/ Windows XP
Smolts Profile: