Re: [opensuse-factory] New thunderbird little problems - html?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 15:27:09 +1000

On Monday, 2009-09-07 at 11:41 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

What would be useful is a button to select compose or reply or forward
a single email in html mode, which is a thing I very seldom do - but I
needed to, to run a test.

How a message is formatted depends on what you have set in the Address
Book for that particular entry. If none is set then you are asked in
which of the 3 formats you want the message sent.

I'm compossing new emails, without destination yet.

(But I think the editor always comes up in HTML but your message - as
this one from you - is sent in plain-text, if selected.)

That's right. If html is enabled for the sending account, then you do
have the choice, when you click send.

Have you checked Edit>Preferences>Composition>General>Send Options ?

BC

--
"There are none so blind as those who will not see."