Re: [opensuse-factory] package search (webpin) - no results and error after closing
  • From: Benji Weber <benji@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 12:48:49 +0100
2009/9/3 Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>:
On Wednesday 02 September 2009 21:18:24 Rastislav Krupanský wrote:
Hi.

I've just installed yast2-packager-webpin-2.18.10-1.2 in M6. Searching
doesn't give me any results and when i close "Package search (webpin)"
module, pops up window with error:

Ok, I've fixed this up - you won't get bunch of error messages on stderr
anymore, but you won't get any search results either. As Benji already wrote,
it is because Factory is not rpm-md repo (not a YaST fault).

To workaround, you may make your system present itself as openSUSE 11.1 (by
editing /etc/SuSE-release file). But then again, webpin will find only 11.1
packages for you - installing those on 11.2 system is asking for trouble. So
.. forget what I've just wrote.

The alternative is implementing susetags support for the software
portal engine (That webpin uses). However, I have lots of other tasks
I'm working on for software portal and not sure if it's worth doing.
Some time ago it was stated that everything would be rpm-md in the
future.

--
Benjamin Weber