Re: [opensuse-factory] Yast2 Software repositories MS6
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:59:00 +0200
On Tuesday 25 August 2009 12:43:05 Basil Chupin wrote:
Oh, for chrissake, I wish you both would make up your minds as to which
repos *ARE* the correct ones to use!

And I wish someone from Novell/oS who actually KNOWS what are the
correct ones to use would come out and spell out the repos to be used in
11.2 Milestone 6.

It's bad enough fighting one's way thru downloading a working copy of a
KDE Live CD without having to read the above "It is", "It is not", "It
is", "It is NOT" :'( .

I'm not an expert on the repositories, but I believe one of them is a snapshot
taken at the time M6 was released, and the other is factory, which gets
updated as new packages get checked in.

So pick the one you want to use: if you want always the latest packages, pick
factory. If you want the consistency of a snapshot, pick the snapshot

Anders