Re: [opensuse-factory] MS6 flac-devel = where?
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 15:13:10 -0400
* Karl Sinn <news@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [08-24-09 15:00]:

I want to use the 11.2 official release when it's ready. I don't want to use
for me not working Milestone. :-)
Me trying to build the xine-lib was just an idea. I wanted to see if I can do
that easily... I can't : I'll wait for packman

The *other* packages are not necessary for M6 (or the previous

Does this mean that flac-devel will not be on the repositories for the 11.2
release?

I *said* that it is available:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Factory/snapshot/i586/flac-devel-1.2.1-41.24.i586.rpm
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Factory/snapshot/x86_64/flac-devel-1.2.1-41.24.x86_64.rpm

milestones) if you add the videolan repo and use vlc and you do not need
to build anything.

I do understand that, And I'm happy that the VLC lovers can already test
their
favorite media player under the Milestones. I would love to be able to do the
same with kaffeine. The way things are right now I have the impression that
it'll be a surprise when 11.2 official release comes out whether people will
be able to make xine work with the packman builds or if it will just not
work...

vlc is available now!
packman will have ll.2 packages "when it 11.2 is released", iiuc. That
is how it worked in the past.

HOW can you test m6 and advise items you believe broken or missing w/o
using the distro.

Well, I download the installation DVD, I make a full new install. I try to
use
everything that I use usually, and then I send a message to this list for
everything that is not working for me, hoping to get an advice if I should,
yes or no, make a bug report and hoping that for the final release things
will
work.

wouldn't it be easier to just keep the install and update it, zypper dup?

> Helping or attempting to help when the direction or need is unclear is
*very* difficult at the very least.

Please tell us *really* what you want, specifically, and perhaps you will
loose some of the exhibited frustration. :^)

Sorry if I give you the feeling of frustration. I don't have it :-)
But I will, if these things will still not work on the 11.2 official release
:-)

So what I want here is:
- a comment about should I file a bug report or not.

for a missing flac-devel which is not missing?

hint: http://software.opensuse.org/search

- get the attention of the developers (thanks for your great work) to the
things that don't work here - my problems to be fixed from MS7 up to
eternity :-)

I believe that that is the intention of the milesones :^)

Hope this helps :-)

if it helps you.