Re: [opensuse-factory] Milestone5 observations
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 14:42:23 +0200
Peter Nikolic wrote:

On Saturday 22 Aug 2009 11:18:41 Per Jessen wrote:

Peter, are you seriously suggesting that YaST network setup has not
been working since 10.0 ?? I can't exactly confirm that - the only
network config problem I have had is when I do an installation over
ssh+nfs and then change the network address during stage2. Mea culpa
really.

/Per

I can totally and completely safely say that altohu it sets up the
drivers for the network card ok and always has done that for the
longest time it has failed completely to enable the network correctly
and so left it in a state of WTF i then end up having to set things
up manually and reboot to get networking working correctly.

Bugreport#, please.
Do you have anything special or unusual in your network?

When doing an install it gets to the checking for updates part then
just fails saying network unreachable till i sort it by hand .
This has been so since 10.0 for certain and maybe prior to that but
that is going back tooooo far to remember now. As it happens it is not
a problem for me i know it is going to happen and can fix it easily
but for people that are not as comfortable with Linux / Yast it
could be a real PITA

I don't do any checking for updates, but for me, YaST has configured the
network just fine since at least 8.x. With DHCP, DNS etc.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.6°C)