Re: [opensuse-factory] Removing sax2 from live cd?
  • From: Druid <marcio.ferreira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 16:45:37 -0300
What if the person is not using gnome or kde?

Regards

Márcio

On 8/7/09, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le vendredi 07 août 2009, à 10:50 +0200, Mike a écrit :
On Friday 07 August 2009, Vincent Untz wrote:

I've used sax2 on a running x-system to enable dual monitor for
sure.

And to change resolution and other tweaks as well I do believe.

In a modern X world, randr is supposed to cover those use cases.

In a modern world, there is a place to configure it. So far I've only
found a tray item that does this. When I tell it to configure it tells
me that my version is greater than 1.2, and doesn't have a
configuration. Huh? That's why I clicked on configure.

I would call that a bug and file it.

And yep, we agree that there should be a place to configure this. I
don't know the KDE tools (but I'd expect there's one for this), but
there's gnome-display-properties in GNOME which does exactly this.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.