[opensuse-factory] Milestone 5
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 08:15:27 -0500
Hey Group;

Why is that a "user" cannot use dsp or cdrom/DVDs right off the bat. It seems there is a effort to make an end user needed equipment not usable due to permissions. That also include other/additional so programs can access the device

It seems to me that this issue would be a new user reason not to load linux.
I hear lots of folks just say "Ubuntu works right out of the box". Yet openSuSE
insists on root configured setting.

On a very fresh openSuSE Milestone 5 (last night, no updates or zypper dup) as a user in KDE so far kmix and amarok fail. I bet k3b will complain about no CDrom/DVD also. Yep it does.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx "