Re: [opensuse-factory] About M5 (status distribution)
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 13:59:38 +0200
Am Mittwoch 05 August 2009 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
I guess I can't have both. I mainly want to avoid people downloading M5 and
getting a broken system from it because M5 needs more testing. But if they
get M4 and then zypper dup will break their system, they won't be very
happy either.

So I changed my mind, Milestone5 is on the mirrors - but Zonker will only
announce it monday to avoid the announcement being lost on a friday. Of course
you can still test if it rains for you ;)

One note: the bug that you can't use the .isos on machines with cdrom drive
is fixed, unfortunately there is still one bug that the machine needs to be
fast to scan the USB bus. That was fixed only after M5.

And additionally I made one stupid mistake: the x86_64 DVD is too big to burn
it on most media. Either test i586 or using a virtual machine.

Greetings, Stephan