Re: [opensuse-factory] About M5 (status distribution)
  • From: Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 12:05:18 +0200
On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 11:53:08AM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:

We passed the deadline of new package versions without any major harm, the
build failures even reduced and the last DVD build I tested did even install
flawless.

But I'm not so sure it's worth publishing M5 ISOs (beside the automatically
published live ISOs). I would rather spend more time on fixing issues that
come up with the current version set and then publish M6 ISOs.

What do you think? We can of course also update the factory snapshot, so that
M4 users will get M5 with zypper dup.

Some weeks ago you wrote "August 6th I intend to do a Milestone5
release, this will be the release that every developer can verify
his features against".

Some features can only be tested during installation so zypper
dup is of no help at all. I had problems installing UNTESTED the
last few days so would really appreciate a Milestone 5 ISO.

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxx>