Re: [opensuse-factory] splashy vs bootsplash
  • From: Karsten König <remur@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:00:40 +0200
Am Freitag, 31. Juli 2009 12:59:24 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Am Freitag 31 Juli 2009 schrieb Johannes Engel:
I agree with you. However, splashy needs an fb console. Thus my question
would be, if we can use the fb device created by the KMS drivers for the
devices mentioned above. That would guarantee a smooth transition
without flickering to the X.Org display.
For other devices the VGA fb console should do the trick.

I'm not aware of any plans to make KMS default - and my own experience with
the 965GM don't really hint we should change that ;(

I hope I can override this locally and activate KMS?

cya,
Karsten