Re: [opensuse-factory] what it takes to get factory out
  • From: Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:40:08 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 20 Jul 2009, Stephan Kulow wrote:

Am Montag 20 Juli 2009 schrieb Richard Guenther:

I have just finished Milestone 1 of my hackweek project that gets
rid of the need to sync build counters between the arch instances.

-> home:rguenther:hw, changes in rpm and build.

As there is plenty of time left for day 1 I'll try this blogging thing
(eeeeeek!).

How does that get rid of the need to sync build counters? I can't see
it improving anything but I can see a lot of things that would break.

The reason to sync build counters was that we use a random source
package for the source tree. Thus, the source package refered to
from binary rpms wasn't the one available in the repo. IIRC.

At least I cannot see a single other reason.

Richard.