Re: [opensuse-factory] RPM 4.4.2.3 vs 4.7.0
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:34:40 +0200
Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 02:08:28PM +0200, Pavol Rusnak wrote:
* BuildRoot enforced
- RPM now enforces BuildRoot and creates it correctly (the path from
spec is ignored)

Where's the advantage?

One less line in the spec file.

- in SUSE we don't have to remove the buildroot in %install phase
(like Fedora does), but we still remove it in the %clean phase
- this update allows us to get rid of the %clean phase completely
in spec

Removing it in %install is wrong.

I know, I was pointing out that the change will get rid of %clean
section from spec, but for Fedora it will also remove recreating
%buildroot in %install. (So we don't have to use %if when creating
universal spec file).

* File triggers
- this feature allows to run certain scriptlets when some of
the paths have been touched
- this allows us to remove the following scriptlets from spec files,
for example:

Uh, aren't you confusing things here? This is something that was
discussed on the rpm-4 list, and Panu (the rpm-4 upstream) is
pretty much against it.

I talked with Florian Festi and Jindrich Novy (both RPM 4 upstream) and
got an impression that file triggers will be added in RPM 4.8.0.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Community Multiplier Team Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144 19000 Praha 9, CR
prusnak[at]suse.cz http://www.suse.cz