[opensuse-factory] Why don't we change to cdrtools ?
Hi

Back in the day that all major distros switched to cdrkit (fork from
cdrtools) i was one of the maintainers (at the time maintainer on Gentoo
Linux) that made a decision to ship cdrkit by default and start porting
applications to cdrkit (brasero and ncb). This decision was mainly to
follow every distros at the time and get all maintainers together since
cdrtools switched license and debian maintainers questioned this
problem[1]. Now days cdrkit development is almost dead[2] and this piece
of software is full of bugs that noone wants to fix. As a solution i
propose to review cdrtools license (Sun says it's ok) and replace cdrkit
by cdrtools on O:F. Joerg (cdrtools author and maintainer) seems much
more friendly now days and very responsive to the bugs.
We also have recent packages available on home:/hennichodernich/

Can we consider this ?

Also i would like to see libburn on O:F but since it's on X11:XFCE with
the opening of Factory this package will be merged there am i right ?

1- http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html
2- http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debburn-changes/