Re: [opensuse-factory] Updated to KDE43. Beta2 (4.2.90) - Basket Note Pad disappeared - Where did it go?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 00:21:37 -0500
On Wednesday 24 June 2009 07:18:56 am Raymond Wooninck wrote:
On Wednesday 24 June 2009 04:03:30 David C. Rankin wrote:
Looks like the atavistic kde4 svn basket is back in the repos. Color
scheme handling is better, still no expand/collapse markers and editing a
single line entry is very 'squished' due to the over-large border put
around the basket entries when they are 'edit' mode. KDE3 basket still
works perfect in kde43, so I guess it is just a plasma screw-up with plasma
trying to apply the oxygen/etc. plasma theme to the individual entries in
edit mode that is mucking things up. I guess the kde3 version just ignores
the plasma stuff so it still works fine.

Hi David,

As far as I know, it never disappeared :-) But good that it is back for you.
have updated the package as that for about 2 days there was some activity.
Which expand/collapse markers are you referring too ? The one in the left
window (Baskets) is showing for me.

The expand/collapse '+' signs that are missing are the ones that appear in the
right pane with grouped entries:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/openSUSE_bugs/kde4/screenshots/basket-kde-expansion-example.jpeg

(137k)

But I have to agree with you that there
is very big border around the individual entries which makes editing single
line items very hard.

The KDE3 version does not know anything about plasma or any other KDE4
setting, however it still requires portions of the KDE3 desktop environment
(kdelibs, kdebase-runtime, etc)

The version now in the kde4 repos is: basket-1.0svn20090618-1.3

I hope that either later today or maybe tomorrow the version has been updated
to basket-1.0svn20090623-x.x and maybe that version brings some more
improvements.

Regards

Raymond

I'll definitely check it out. My linux basket is one of my most used and most
treasured apps. I have so much stuff squirreled away in there it is like a
convenient second brain. I just save a backup to my server and restore the
backup to whatever desktop I'm working on and I never forget a thing ;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC