[opensuse-factory] nouveau Test Day (at fedora project.... Share alike?)
  • From: Ted Bullock <tbullock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 22:37:18 -0600
Hi folks,

I have been using the nouveau driver for the past 6 months or so and
have been really quite satisfied with it. I especially like how nicely
it plays with the gnome display settings tool given that I have a dual
monitor workstation.

Check out the nice and short xorg.conf...

http://pastebin.com/fb186196

There is even work in progress to get rid of the need for the icky
"Virtual" entry (eliminating the need for the whole "Screen" section).

Although I am an openSUSE/OpenBSD user pretty much exclusively these
days, I was pleasantly surprised to hear about the Fedora test day
regarding the nouveau driver.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/2009-03-26

Anyways, since I want to see the driver stabilized so that it can
eventually be supported in openSUSE land, I figured I would pass along
the above link (11.3 or 12.0 time frame perhaps?). It's just a live CD,
think about giving it a whirl.

As a side note, if you run the driver over here on openSUSE be sure to
uninstall compiz (you end up with a white screen) and it tries to load
if composite is enabled (or something like that).

-Ted