[opensuse-factory] nouveau Test Day (at fedora project.... Share alike?)
  • From: Ted Bullock <tbullock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 22:37:18 -0600
Hi folks,

I have been using the nouveau driver for the past 6 months or so and
have been really quite satisfied with it. I especially like how nicely
it plays with the gnome display settings tool given that I have a dual
monitor workstation.

Check out the nice and short xorg.conf...

There is even work in progress to get rid of the need for the icky
"Virtual" entry (eliminating the need for the whole "Screen" section).

Although I am an openSUSE/OpenBSD user pretty much exclusively these
days, I was pleasantly surprised to hear about the Fedora test day
regarding the nouveau driver.

Anyways, since I want to see the driver stabilized so that it can
eventually be supported in openSUSE land, I figured I would pass along
the above link (11.3 or 12.0 time frame perhaps?). It's just a live CD,
think about giving it a whirl.

As a side note, if you run the driver over here on openSUSE be sure to
uninstall compiz (you end up with a white screen) and it tries to load
if composite is enabled (or something like that).