Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME 2.26 on openSUSE 11.1
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 22:29:38 +1100
Terje,

On Sat, 2009-03-21 at 12:00 +0100, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
Magnus Boman wrote:

As you might, or might not know, we are packaging GNOME 2.26 for both
Factory and openSUSE 11.1.

I'm running this myself on all my machines and I don't have any
noticeable bugs, which means that you all can install and use it :-)

For 11.1, you will need to add the following repos;

http://widehat.opensuse.org/pub/repositories/GNOME:/Factory/openSUSE_11.1/
http://widehat.opensuse.org/pub/repositories/GNOME:/Backports/openSUSE_11.1/

I got a few issues after the upgrade to Gnome 2.26 on openSUSE
11.1 x86_64:

1. Two dependency packages lack

libempathy.so.22 is required by nautilus-sendto-1.11
beagle-0.3.9-13.16.x86_64 requires mono(taglib-sharp)=2.0.3.0

nautilus-sendto have to been recompiled due to some bluetooth
incompability. Working on it. It is pretty safe to not update
nautilus-sendto for now. Have not seen the beagle one, but again,
probably just go for "don't update" with that one.

2. The Gnome terminal won't start (the Shell Console terminal works):

# /usr/bin/gnome-terminal

(gnome-terminal:25432): Gtk-WARNING **: GModule
(/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so) initialization
check failed: Gtk+ version too old (micro mismatch)

Failed to get the session bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes
include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus
security policy blocked t
he reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Falling back to non-factory mode.
Failed to contact the GConf daemon; exiting.
on too old (micro mismatch)

(gnome-terminal:25432): Gtk-WARNING **: GModule
(/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so) initialization
check failed: Gtk+ version too old (micro mismatch)
Failed to get the session bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes
include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus
security policy blocked t
he reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Falling back to non-factory mode.
Failed to contact the GConf daemon; exiting.

Not sure why it is, but some packages that are newer in G:F wont be
installed due to the 11.1:Updates priority, so if you have that repo,
enabled, you need to change the priority of it to 99, and then update
again.

3. Pointing withe the mouse cursor on menus, wipes out the text on high
lighted items.

I think this one is related to the one above.

4. XKB error message:

Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
- a bug in libxklavier library
- a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
- X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation

Not sure what this one is about. I'm pretty sure I've seen some
bugreport about XKB but.. Try looking in bugzilla since it might, or
might not be related.

Cheers,
Magnus