Re: [opensuse-factory] The frustration of updating
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 18:33:53 +0100
Basil Chupin wrote:
*ONE*, repeat *1*, RPM from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/.... held up the whole of the
download process in this update "cycle"!

What a waste of damn time and resources!

smart on the other hand simply downloads whatever RPM/s are downloadable
and if it/they are not downloadable smart skips it/them and continues
with downloading the rest. You then restart smart to download the missed
RPMs when, for example, you come back from shopping or wake up in the
morning and see that the task hasn't been completed.

Intelligence at work.

https://features.opensuse.org/305624

We need to implement this, and we know. It has been postponed over and
over due to priorities, but for 11.2 dist-upgrade seems to be high priority.

However, is also a waste of time and resources to read such comments
making sarcastic fun of our products.

Duncan