Re: [opensuse-factory] The frustration of updating
  • From: Robert Kaiser <KaiRo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:18:12 +0100
Josef Reidinger wrote:
This should help you, important is that you must must disable
autoupdate, so you do refresh and after download of rpm you install it.
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2008/10/30/how-survive-zypper-dup-on-system-with-bad-internet-connection/

Thanks for the pointer, this is an interesting workaround - but it still is one, and I'd rather use YaST with the FACTORY-update module because it allows me to resolve package conflicts and let me select specific versions of packages, etc. with the power of the GUI.
I feel the problem should be solved in a way that we don't need workarounds like the one you describe - probably the easiest solution would be on the server side with delayed deletion of obsolete packages.

Robert Kaiser