Re: [opensuse-factory] The frustration of updating
  • From: Robert Kaiser <KaiRo@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:18:12 +0100
Josef Reidinger wrote:
This should help you, important is that you must must disable
autoupdate, so you do refresh and after download of rpm you install it.

Thanks for the pointer, this is an interesting workaround - but it still is one, and I'd rather use YaST with the FACTORY-update module because it allows me to resolve package conflicts and let me select specific versions of packages, etc. with the power of the GUI.
I feel the problem should be solved in a way that we don't need workarounds like the one you describe - probably the easiest solution would be on the server side with delayed deletion of obsolete packages.

Robert Kaiser