Re: [opensuse-factory] The frustration of updating
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:06:11 +0100 (CET)

On Monday, 2009-01-26 at 17:27 +0100, Josef Reidinger wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:

Yes, caching the files locally avoids doing a half-install. But we still
need to download those 1 or 5 gigs complete before starting, and it is
downloading them what is a problem because they are changed before we
can finish the download.

But not all files changes, so you next time download only updated files
;) and this should help

Are you sure? I admit that I haven't tried recently, but usually all files change, even if it is only to get a new version number (or release or whatever).

I can not try for the moment...

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.