Re: [opensuse-factory] System Ugrade: Previously Used Repositories
  • From: Tamas Sarga <tamas.sarga2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 21:51:20 +0100

Hi,

Maybe I totally misunderstood this, but I understood this blog entry as
a feature request. If I'm correct, then this is almost done. Except the
automatism it is working already. I used this to upgrade from 10.3 to
11.0. I checked the repos before upgrade and than I changed the repo
URIs manually to the new ones and re-enabled those. Then I ran the
upgrade process and it did what it had to do.

I have a bug report for this feature (#398315), it is solved in 11.1,
but I wasn't be able to test that.

Cheers
Tamas

PS: I subscribed to yast-devel list just now, so I haven't read the
replies there.

Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to completely rewrite the $SUBJECT in installation and you have
an opportunity to say how do you think it could look and what could it
offer to do or how.

I've filed a blog entry about the $SUBJECT at
http://kobliha-suse.blogspot.com/2009/01/system-ugrade-previously-used.html

Bye
Lukas