Re: [opensuse-factory] crypto consolidation
  • From: Hans Petter Jansson <hpj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:49:33 +0100
On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 23:33 +0100, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

- is there a policy which framework to use if the upstream project
offers more options?
- if there is no policy yet should there be one?
- would it make sense to join or introduce an own project like Fedora's
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraCryptoConsolidation

In case you haven't already found it (our wiki is hard to search -
looking for "cert" or "cert store" didn't turn up anything for me),
here's a slightly outdated doc I've worked on:

http://en.opensuse.org/SharedCertStore

It touches on the "which crypto stack" topic. I favor NSS myself, due to
its degree of deployment, FIPS certification and license.

--
Hans Petter