Re: [opensuse-factory] KDE3 Kaffeine misses plugins after update.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 13:14:11 +0100 (CET)

On Monday, 2008-12-29 at 13:34 +0100, Peter Hoyer wrote:

Am Montag, 29. Dezember 2008 12:46:48 schrieb Oddball:
Oddball schreef:
Do i have to file a bug for this, or is the KDE3 kaffeine version no
longer supported?
( i hope so until the kde4 version is ready..;?)

I also tried kaffeine4, which will not run from rootkonsole, only from
konsole, and then it has the same: xine: cannot find input plugin for
MRL [dvd://]

It runs from alt+F2: kdesu-kaffeine4

Is this the kpackagekit authority problem?
Do i have to file a bug for this?

Perhaps your normal user is not member of usergroup "cdrom", I had something
similar with OS 11.1. Add via yast.

But that is, as far as I know, a workaround. I understand that "ConsoleKit/PolicyKit/hal" should handle this situation and give permission to the user sitting at the chair automatically.

However, if this behaviour is intentional, it should be documented in the release notes, as it is a change compared to previous permission policy.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.