[opensuse-factory] Feedback on the Yast installserver module
  • From: "Birger Kollstrand" <birger.kollstrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:57:52 +0100
Stano asked for feedback on the Yast autoinstal module.

Her it goes.

I don't get it. It sets up a ftp/http/nfs share and that's it. I don't get
any documentation except for the help buttons in the module and those does
not give out much. In the normal "Help" function on the start menu there is
nothing except standard KDE information.( in khelpcenter)

Going in to yast i find the two SUSE documentation modules and add those
susehelp_en-2007.08.22-80.46 and susehelp-2007.08.22-80.46. Should not those
be installed by default? There were no susehelp modules installed.

But still no suse help in khelpcenter even after restarting the app. No new
items to index.

now checking the/usr/share/doc/packages/susehelp/README. Adds Apache and
folow "How to start: just point your browser to http://localhost/susehelp/";
and gets a 404....

No information on how it's ment to be used on the booting client is given in
the yast module. Do I need a boot disk? If so , then there definately should
be a wizzard assisting with that.

It definately does not set up a network boot as I was expecting. there is
no atftp or tftp server set up. I would like to "Press F12 for network boot"
and install from there. We use this at work in conjunction with autoyast and
it's fabulous. but horribly hard to set up and maintain.

I also checked in on the Autoyast yast module. That does still not set up
anything but the autoyast file as far as I could find out. It does not have
any tftp integration and no integration with the installserver as far as I
can see.

Sorry that I did not test teis earlier and I do not think it looks usable for
anyone but hardcore users.

Birger