Re: [opensuse-factory] "sled_beta" mailing list
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 08:17:03 +0100
"Andrew Joakimsen" <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 07:23, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Thursday, 2008-12-11 at 11:37 +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

"Carlos E. R." <> writes:

So, please, someone, please clarify the problem in private with the OP,
and then tell us that it is solved and every body is happy.

I'm under the impresseion that it's solved already - just not to
Andrew's satisfaction - but I will followup with Andrew again,

Thanks! That's all I wanted :-)

Andreas Jaeger did follow up with my in private. I suppose this matter
is resolved -- but as AJ stated, not to my satisfaction.

But this still does not resolve the underlying problem. I do have
access to the beta program but not to the discussion list
os-sle11@xxxxxxxx Yes, there many beta programs, yes there is no
support for the betas, yada, yada, yada. But how do you expect to
distribute a beta and provide no communication at all?

Somebody by accident made SLED open for every registered partner but it
should have been only open for partners that were accepted into the beta
program. You therefore got access to it without beeing part of a beta
program. The access has now been changed AFAIK (note: I'm not
responsible for SLED). When you got access to it, there should not have
been any mention of a beta program or feedback channel.

I know it makes no sense but the decision was here not to invite those
that came in by accident into other programs but leave them as they
signed up - without any support.

**What is the issue with granting the persons that currently have
access to an active beta program access to a mailing list established
with the sole discuss said beta? Especially when you do not want the
beta discussed in public? Any time I raise a question the answer is
"there are many beta programs, get in touch with your contact" -- but
that person, for whatever reason, no longer has a valid Novell email
address. I was jumping to conclusions that Chuck was "fired"... but
the point is everyone else points me to somewhere else on the
merry-go-round.

It took me some time to figure out what beta program you were associated
with, I wasn't aware that we had an "open" beta without any contacts etc
for SLED at one point. Chuck just tried to be helpfull...

Andrew, I would be really surprised if you signed up for a Beta Program
with feedback channel associated with it - as compared to just given
early access to Betas. I'm sorry to see that you got the impression you
signed up for something else than you did...

The early access to Betas is for Business Partners that want to early
evaluate their products and adopt them for the new release. Depending
on the Business Partner level, you have dedicated Novell contacts that
will help you in case of problems. I'm in engineering, not part of the
partner program so the above is very simplified ;)

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany