Re: [opensuse-factory] YaST2
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 10:03:15 +0200
Robert Lewis wrote:
I am beginning to think that I wasn't clear or have been misunderstood
with my question.
If I got to software Management and look through the entire list of
offerings. Some items show an update as seen within the parens
(.....) to the right where I always have to expand
the field to see the update number.

What I would like is a button that shows me all of the potential
updates so that I can choose which ones are of interest. Ubuntu
automates this and makes it very easy. I only run SUSE for
production. I have an Ubuntu machine I turn on to support others.

Cheers,
Bob

yast2-gtk has what you want, install yast2-gtk and then start it from
cli sudo yast2 --gtk sw_single or from kde run command yast2 --gtk
sw_single as root. If you find you prefer it edit your kde menu.
Regards
Dave P