Re: [opensuse-factory] YaST2
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:26:51 -0500
Carlos E. R. pecked at the keyboard and wrote:

On Monday, 2008-12-08 at 08:15 -0500, Ken Schneider - Factory wrote:

In the filter view droplist there is one that shows everything that is
going to be installed.

Showing _what_ will be installed is not the same as _why_ it will be
installed which is what a change list would show. This I believe is more
inline with what the OP was looking for.

The 'why' is simple enough: the user requested upgrade to newer version
if available on any of the configured repositories with their configured
priorities.

No. The user saw upgrades _were_ available (when checking) and wanted to
know why the upgrades were available.

I also at times see that and would like to see what generated the need for
an upgrade I.E. change list.

But then that is how I view the request.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998