Re: Supported scenarios for bootloader installation (was: Re: [opensuse-factory] XFS Boot Problem)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 13:51:29 +0100 (CET)

On Tuesday, 2008-12-02 at 13:24 +0100, Jiri Srain wrote:

I've put on Wiki the list of scenarios which we internally discussed to
support, you can get it at

http://en.opensuse.org/Bootloader/Scenarios

Good!

Any feedback and suggestions what is missing for the future is welcome.

How about:

] The /boot partition can hold one of ext2 or ext3 filesystems.

reiserfs also works, although not recomended for a separate /boot, but is is ofthen used for "/" without a separate "/boot" partition.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.