Re: [opensuse-factory] GUI login as root, how to enable it
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 01:05:50 -0600
Felix Miata wrote:
On 2008/11/23 23:28 (GMT+0100) Birger Kollstrand composed:

It's probably not good with safty and all that, but I like in certan
cases to use root on a GUI.

I have tried Googling on how to reenable the possibility , but come up short.

If someone has it fresh in mind , I would realy appreciate a small
howto reenable that .....

If you use KDE, find the kdmrc file and the line with "AllowRootLogin=", and
fix it.

That got me too Felix. I've never not been able to login from the keyboard as
root before 11.1 B5

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. | openSoftware und SystemEntwicklung
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC | Countdown for openSuSE 11.1