Re: [opensuse-factory] Root password to shutdown
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 23:17:38 -0600
Rajko M. wrote:
On Friday 21 November 2008 08:32:26 pm Quentin Jackson wrote:
Anyone else experiencing having to type in the root password all the
time to shut their machine down? Don't see anything logged for this.

Me, and it seems all OK in personal preferences.
Password should not be asked except for remote connections.

Did you select a real root password during install of did you do that super
user thingy for lack of better words? The whacko root issue I have seen is that
KDE4 will not let me log in from the keyboard as root. I guess it is just
protecting me from my own self without asking me whether I wanted to to again...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. | openSoftware und SystemEntwicklung
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC | Countdown for openSuSE 11.1