RE: [opensuse-factory] buggy kernel update
  • From: "Putrycz, Erik" <Erik.Putrycz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:38:23 -0500

On Tuesday 18 November 2008 18:16:41 Putrycz, Erik wrote:
I recently updated my factory to the latest repo and zipper updated
the
kernel, everything did look fine but the modules were not
installed!!
After running a rescue, installing the kernel rpms from a usb,
everything seems back to normal.

Two things:
- I thought the kernel updates should add another kernel instead of
updating? It seems these updates can be touchy.

No, only if you have set multiversion option in /etc/zypp/zypp.conf

Thanks! So what about having this on by default? I had quite a struggle
just to copy the kernel rpm from a usb key to my system and then
reinstall them.

- Where can I find a log of what happened?

Check /var/log/zypper.log and /var/log/zypp/history

Nothing looks odd there concerning the kernel installation... Very
odd...

Erik.