Re: [opensuse-factory] Life with OpenSUSE Factory?
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:51:49 +0100
On Tuesday 18 November 2008 17:01:20 Silviu Marin-Caea wrote:
On Tuesday 18 November 2008 17:37:13 John Lange wrote:
I'd like to run Factory as my day-to-day OS so I can help test, report
bugs and even fix them where possible, and yes I'm willing to live with
the consequences of running the bleeding edge.

At the moment I've installed OpenSUSE 11.1b5 x64.

I assume that the correct thing to do is to change my repositories to
the factory ones?

http://download.opensuse.org/factory/repo/oss/
http://download.opensuse.org/factory/repo/non-oss/
http://download.opensuse.org/factory/repo/debug/
Then run an online update?

No.

Run YaST, Software Management
Select from menu: Package, All Packages, Update if new version available.

Online update checks for update repositories, these are slightly different
than regular.

No, use zypper dup. The steps above will be unable to deal with splitted
packages and other tricks that change during distribution upgrade.

Stano