Re: [opensuse-factory] Things that I would like in openSUSE 11.1
  • From: John Lange <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:30:02 -0600
On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 22:27 -0800, Greg KH wrote:
Just define the external screen as a "second monitor" then you can do
whatever you want on your laptop screen, and no one can see a thing.

Best part of this is the openoffice presentation mode plugin works
wonderfully, showing the slide on the external screen, and your notes
and next slide on your laptop screen. Can't recommend that enough to
people, it's wonderful.

Have you ever had any luck getting your second monitor to run at a
completely different resolution?

I have a laptop with an ATI Radeon Mobility HD 2600 and I've given up
running dual monitors with it because my native laptop LCD is 1680x1050
and my second monitor is 1280x1024 and they just won't play nice
together.

Of course I have the same problem with LCD projectors and so I end up
running "clone" mode at whatever resolution the projector supports.

--
John Lange
www.johnlange.ca