Re: [opensuse-factory] General Q - What is the purpose of a desktop folder?
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:10:16 -0500
On Sunday 16 November 2008 20:53:45 Luiz Fernando Ranghetti wrote:
2008/11/16 Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Fred A. Miller wrote:
David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates,

In KDE 4, I have this "Desktop Folder" in the middle of my
desktop. Before I nuke it, I wanted to understand what its purpose was
to make sure I'm not getting rid of something useful. So what purpose
does this thing server? Is it safe to kill it or is it one of those
things that is required like the old "Program Manager" group in win
3.1?

No...you can kill it! I did, because the devs. didn't make a way to
minimize it, therefore it's useless on any desktop, IMHO.

OK, one can "kill" it --- but how does one bring it back?!

Ciao.

Hi,

You just need to add this widget again.
Right-click on desktop -> Add widgets -> Folder View

http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/Introduction_to_KDE4

No, it's desktop settings.

Fred

--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong
enough to take everything you have.

-Thomas Jefferson