Re: [opensuse-factory] RealPlayer dropped from openSUSE, why?
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:04:28 +0100
On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 09:34 +0000, Richard (MQ) wrote:
Frank-Michael,

Yes, thanks - I do already use the techniques that you quote, especially
if I want to save a stream to disc, but I think that your post supports
very well my assertion that it's a "real fiddle".

I was wondering if there was any way to do all this *without* all this
cutting and pasting? My programming skills are rather weak as well as
rusty, but this doesn't look too difficult to do...

BTW - this method still requires the Realplayer codecs of course. The
only way AFAIK to obtain the latest ones legitimately is to download and
install their player :-(

Maybe I can digg up some time to make a VLC LUA script. We have similiar
scripts for Youtube for example: you provide exactly the URL you seen in
your browser to VLC and it extracts on it's own the video stream from
the html page. (give it a try.. works since the 0.9 series).

I'll try to give the BBC site a shot for this feature...

Dominique