Re: [opensuse-factory] y2logs -- Too Big
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:20:59 +0100 (CET)

On Monday, 2008-10-27 at 01:10 -0400, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:

I have some bugs filed against YaST2 for various things and of course
I am asked to attach y2logs. But for whatever reason my y2logs are
~14Mb and there is a 10Mb limit in bugzilla. I left a comment a few
days ago but there is no response.

Are y2logs normally > 10Mb? How do I resolve this?

What I have done when bumped into this limit, is to expand the tar archive created by yast, and remove files I know they don't need, or even edit some files and remove content.

Alternatively, lacking and answer in Bugzilla, expand the archive as above and break in two tar.gz or tar.bz2 archives, and attach both separately.

Let them join them later >:-)

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.