Re: [opensuse-factory] CUPS external printers blocked by the firewall
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:04:42 +0100 (CET)

On Monday, 2008-10-27 at 09:23 +0100, Ludwig Nussel wrote:

Birger Kollstrand wrote:
I noticed that the internal firewall blocks by default for CUPS
printers in the network.

Is this by the design or is it a bug?

The external zone by default has no ports open. That's intentional
of course.

Printing to a printer needs opening ports? :-?
I thought we needed opening the port only if other computers wanted to print to "my" cups.

If it needs opening a port, shouldn't yast automatically open it, or at least, advise to open it, as soon as it knows I want to use a network printer?

I couldn't finish configure the printer, yast only works in ncurses mode (known bug) and I couldn't figure out what was happening. It could be because of closed port, dunno.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.