Re: [opensuse-factory] Feedback on fresh beta3 installs?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 20:58:37 +0200
Andreas Jaeger wrote:

2) Can't get 'su' to work. When I type 'su' at a console to switch to
root, it just hangs. I can do things with sudo, though

Yes, see the most annoying bugs of Beta3. pam_fp is broken, the wiki
describes how to fix it,

On Beta 3, it doesn't work for me. The wiki says:

]> Bug #437411: su and console login do not work. Workaround: sudo vi
/etc/pam.d/common-auth and remove the pam_fp line. We will release a test
update.

I have no "pam_fp line" and I see no update at all.

Symptoms:

- No text consoles.
- In gnome, I can "su -" to root, but Yast only works in ncurses mode.
I tried "yast2", "yast", "yast --qt", and in all cases I get the ncurses
mode yast.
- Going the menu route, yast does not start and I see no error.
- If I log in as root, in Gnome, I get the graphical Yast.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.1-factory)