Re: [opensuse-factory] Factory powerpc distro !
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:09:18 +0200
Hello,

Larry Stotler írta:
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Finally, the Peter Czanik release has been done ! :)

It's not just Peter who has been looking for this. I run Macs and he
runs Real PPC hardware.... :-) Anyway - YEAH!

But I guess, I was the most active on all fronts to ask for factory PPC,
as I'm a SuSE mirror admin, have a local build service to build some
interesting packages from the BS on PPC and beta testing S.u.S.E. from
about 5.x :-)

There are currently known dependency issues, esp in the Gnome area, because
of
missing or build failing packages. But a general installation should be
possible with it.

How's the KDE3 build looking?

I don't know, but KDE 4.1 works great on my Pegasos (1Ghz G4 with 512MB
of RAM and ATI Radeon 9250). The next is testing factory on my EFIKA,
but that will be XFCE.
Bye,
CzP