Re: [opensuse-factory] no daily updates etc.?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 14:57:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Friday, 2008-10-17 at 12:14 +0200, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

I mean that if the repo is updated daily, every day, I will not have time to
update before it changes again. It will change during my update, because a
"zyper dup" has to download more than a gigabyte and my adsl is 1Mbit. Add the
install time, that doubles or triples the used time, and the failures.

That is the right szenario to build a local mirror.
Updating your local mirror would need about 2 hours for a gigabyte
changes.

How many machines do you think I have? >:-)

Even if I have the space, an rsync of the entire repo is a larger download than just the files I use. And long time, probably.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.