[opensuse-factory] 11.1beta 2 Live CD(er DVD)
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:02:05 -0400

Downloaded x86_64 version w/o incident and burned to dvd.

Booted my wife's windoz infected Toshiba Satellite after choosing
screen size which would not match hardware.

Had to configure the wide screen as wide mode was not available from
boot screen, but was only a minor inconvenience. Attached to my
wireless wpa network after intering the plain text secret phrase. 30
seconds later had network access.

Surfed and played around for about 30 minutes and *everything* I tried
worked. Changed desktop theme oxygen, used firefox, konqueror,
dolphin, yast2, kedit and xterm besides the knetworkmanager and all
performed as expected.

The new widgets, etc...., may take a little learning and getting used
to but appear quite functional.

From what I experienced I must commend the opensuse team.
GREAT JOB so far.

note: my server is still on 10.1 x86_64 which has been very solid.
Will update server to 11.1 when issued.

gud luk,