Re: [opensuse-factory] Bug 431880 closed as duplicate of 431542 - which is marked as private
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 22:48:24 +0200
On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 10:20:29PM +0200, Hans-Peter Holler wrote:
Sorry I were too late:
Marcus, you said:
Sorry, but such things can happen more often since we develop openSUSE 11.1
and SLE 11 in parallel.

And this is what I wanted to say:

I _do_ this with posting on top:

"You are not authorized to access bug #431542."

I am an authorized member to the public bugzilla and I know that especially
SLE-bugs meeting openSUSE-bugs are marked as private/internal. So, if the
person assigned to the internal bug is not aware of the public dependency,
that could be be explained twice:
- That person is too dumb to read all dependend bug reports (no no no)
- Novell's/SUSE's SLE-policy says: yes to all coming in from the outside, but
don't let anything come out

And I know this reads angry: I _am_ angry with this!

The bugzilla is used for openSUSE, SUSE Linux Enterprise, and lots of
Novell products. It is only open for the public for openSUSE.

There is no internal bugzilla, there is just this one, bugzilla.novell.com.

But yes, our packagers should be more careful not to cut you off.

Ciao, Marcus