Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE and Ubuntu's BulletBroof X
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:26:19 +0200 (CEST)

The Sunday 2008-09-21 at 21:05 -0700, Kai Ponte wrote:

This is not true. A lot of users are migrating from Windows - and in
Windows it was always automatic, at least since Windows 95. (maybe

It must be automatic, without touching command-line at all.

I tend to agree - if not completely automatic, at least wizard-driven.

Though I'm an openSUSE evangalist, I cannot *wait* for the evil command line
needs for simple admin things (like setting lppasswd) to be gone.

After all, the last time I used a command-line based computer was my Apple II
in 1983. I would hope things have advanced since then.

I miss command line mode in windows. Having to reboot in safemode and back several times to mend a broken video configuration is a nuissance, when a nice text interface would solve the problem in minutes :-P

Once upon a time, when I was in the move, instead of my high resolution display I had to use a "lowly" 1024, but portable. In linux the change was fast, it took me under a minute. In windows Me it was almost impossible, because there was no way to see the display and reconfigure it. Not even going to safemode solved it.

I was very glad how easy was linux >:-)

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)