Re: [opensuse-factory] Status openSUSE distribution
  • From: ne... <guhvies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 09:44:08 +0100
On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 09:33, Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I've filed a feature request #305311 to allow multiple kernel installes.
The intention is to always keep at least the current working kernel
installed. Maybe a sysconfig setting allows to control how many kernels
are kept. A setting to 0 would make people happy which are used to deal
with the dafault pain since ages.
As a relative new comer to openSUSE, this is one of the features of Fedora that
I sorely miss. While for the most part I have had good luck with
updating kernels,
I was bitten the last time I upgraded my kernel. It did take me a
while to find the
old kernel so I could reinstall. If this is allowed, it would
certainly ease the pain
for us 'newbies'.

ne...
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.
Zsa Zsa Gabor - "He taught me housekeeping; when I divorce I keep the house."