Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE and Ubuntu's BulletBroof X
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 04:16:25 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2008/09/21 03:21 (GMT+0200) Eberhard Moenkeberg composed:
On Sat, 20 Sep 2008, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2008/09/21 02:28 (GMT+0200) Eberhard Moenkeberg composed:

My preference would be for SaX2 to come up in interactive mode when new
gfxcard is detected.

Why not, if new pci device is detected.

Is that some question?

But at least, you want to have the "best" mode of your device
configured,
and that needs your personal intellect.

Exactly the meaning of interactive, being given questions, and providing
answers, in order to get a most desired/best personal choice result.

So just call sax2, and you get it.

I know that, and you know that, but that's not what this thread is about.
Fresh and recent converts from doz will be stumped and borrowing windoz
puters to ask here and elsewhere what to do with a login prompt, how to get
their GUI back; or shucking SUSE and going to *buntu or back to doz.

If you have changed hardware pieces and do not think of maybe you have to
change some configuration, you are more stupid as one can be. Somebody
should have knocked you down before you fingered your hardware.

Not every gfxcard change is a voluntary one, or planned, or done by someone
with your advanced competence with SUSE and its shell prompt resources.

Calling sax2 is the answer.
Not knowing that it is nesessary is just stupidity which should not be
served.

Remember: serving fools...

Viele Grüße
Eberhard Mönkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)