Re: [opensuse-factory] Status openSUSE distribution
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:07:06 +0200
On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 02:36:48PM +0200, Christoph Thiel wrote:
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 01:26:52PM +0200, Christoph Thiel wrote:
Hi everyone,

we don't have any Beta1 test builds yet, since we had to trigger a complete
rebuild very late in the process -- therefore we are still bootstrapping the
distribution and expect first test builds sometime tomorrow. I'll keep you
posted on the upcoming Beta1 release!

Since we are still working on getting an installable build done, we won't be
able to release Beta1 today. I'll post an update on our progress later.

Update: Beta1 is done and being synced out to mirrors right now.
Unfortunately we'll have to skip PPC and LiveCDs for this Beta. Looking
forward to getting them fixed for Beta2 :)

Please also note, we have disabled syncing of
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/ -- this repo is
outdated and deprecated now.

As we are building openSUSE in the Build Service now, please use
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Factory/standard/ for
the now. Adrian is working on introducing a new structure on
download.openSUSE.org for factory etc.

The official Beta1 announcement is coming later tonight.

Best,
Christoph
--
Christoph Thiel, Tech. Project Management, Research & Development