Re: [opensuse-factory] New YaST partitioner in Factory
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:18:14 -0400
The old one was my favorite of all Linux installation partitioners. My
initial reaction to this is I'd like the old one back. e.g., this forces me
to remember, something I'm not good at, what I just selected, after I've
clicked the button to specify where to mount. When I get into "edit
partition", all background information is hidden, including the LABEL that
reminds me what partition I'm working on. This screen should include the
information I had just been looking at, including specifically the existing
LABEL. Luckily, and unlike the old, fstab options are available without first
specifying the mount point that depends on remembering the LABEL. Also on the
"edit partition" screen, "next" would make more sense to me than "finish".
I'd only expect "finish" when all partitioning is done.

Whatever I specify for mount points for FAT partitions gets discarded upon
clicking "finish".

After entering the password info, the next screen popped up window:

Calling the YaST module 'proposal has failed.....

Clicking retry fails to do anything.Logs to this point are at:
http://fm.no-ip.com/tmp/SUSE/YaST2/

Next takes me back to password entry, where the clock just goes and goes and
goes, letting me do nothing else for a long time, but after which proceeds on
its own to "perform installation", churns briefly, then proceeds to
"finishing basic installation", then does "switching to installed system
failed". Complete logs up
to rebooting are at: http://fm.no-ip.com/tmp/SUSE/YaST2b/

Complete partitioning info:
http://fm.no-ip.com/tmp/SUSE/dfslog-s2846-f111-0910.txt
--
"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor
in vain." Psalm 127:1 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/