Re: [opensuse-factory] The KDE way for openSUSE 11.1
  • From: Andreas Stieger <Andreas.Stieger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:34:49 +0200
Hi,

Am Freitag, 29. August 2008 17:55:07 schrieb Michael Loeffler:
as discussed in a former project meeting we should discuss how we handle
KDE in openSUSE 11.1. To avoid any misunderstanding we will offer on the
DVD still KDE and Gnome. It just the question which or how many KDE's ;-)

I think it would be okay to make the DVD KDE4 only because of the space
constraints. Users who want to stay on KDE3 could get it from the
repositories or stay on the 11.0 altogether. It's a great release for KDE3 so
there's less reason to upgrade. (package management, I'm looking at you!)

We should really focus on the quality and integration of KDE4. I'm saying that
as a hardcore KDE3 user. Note that for 11.1 we have a shorter development
cycle of six months. We should delever an excellently packaged and
thouroughly tested KDE4 with KDE3 in maintainance mode.

regards,
Andreas